• The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
LL.M, International Law and Human Rights, 2012
Honors: magna cum laude
• Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, IN
Honors: cum laude
• Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering, 2002
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Ted W. Nolting, Partner
Ted practices primarily in the areas of Municipal Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate and Intellectual Property.
With an extensive background in both government and the private sector, Ted serves a number of public and private clients in a wide range of corporate and municipal transactions, including real estate and construction projects, business formations, and minority- and women-owned business certifications. Ted additionally advises clients on political issues, election law, and campaign finance.
Prior to joining KGR, Ted served as Deputy Corporation Counsel for the City of Indianapolis under Mayor Gregory Ballard, as well as Special Counsel to the Chief of Police. Also a member of the Patent Bar, Ted received an industrial engineering degree from Purdue University and worked as a manufacturing engineer with the U.S. Navy and Lockheed Martin Aeronautics prior to beginning his legal career.
Ted received a J.D. degree from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana, in 2008, and an LL.M in International Law and Human Rights from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel in 2012. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, the U.S. Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
• Indianapolis Bar Association
• Indiana State Bar Association
• National Association of Bond Lawyers
• Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association
• Board of Directors, Elevate Indianapolis
• Board of Directors, Bethany Christian Services
• Board of Trustees, Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County
• Executive Committee, IndyBar Government Practice Section
• FBI Citizens Academy
• Indiana Leadership Forum
“Cooperative Public Purchasing: Options and Guidance,” AIM Municipal law Seminar XXXVI, June 21, 2019.
“Public Safety Employment Issues,” IMPACT Winter Meeting December 6, 2017.
“Ensuring Local Governments Comply with the Law: Ethical Considerations,” National Business Institute, December 7, 2017.
“Minority and Women Owned Business Basics,” Public Relations Society of America, June 26, 2017.