- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, 1977 J.D.
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1974 B.S.
Honors: With Honors
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S Supreme Court
John J. Petr, Senior Counsel
John Petr focuses on commercial law, loan workouts, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights. He has practiced at KGR for over 41 years. In addition, as the longest-serving Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Indiana, he has presided over more than 25,000 cases in the past 39 years. That experience enhances his work as a creditor’s rights attorney. Mr. Petr also heads his practice group.
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Indiana, Indianapolis Division, 1979 – Present Chapter 7 Trustee
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association Member