- Indiana University School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana, 1982 J.D.
Honors: Cum Laude
- Emory University, 1979 B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Indiana Registered Mediator
Jay P. Kennedy, Senior Counsel
Jay P. Kennedy concentrates his practice in the area of mediation and arbitration. He has also practiced commercial and bankruptcy matters.
Mr. Kennedy is an Indiana registered mediator and is listed on the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts mediation panel. He has represented secured creditors, agricultural creditors and creditors’ committees in transactions and proceedings throughout the United States. Mr. Kennedy has been a frequent author on bankruptcy and commercial litigation matters.
Mr. Kennedy has generally represented lenders in restructuring of secured obligations, state and federal court foreclosure of real and personal property assets, and recovery of collateral in bankruptcy proceedings. He has also represented bankruptcy trustees and court appointed receivers, and both prosecuted and defended bankruptcy preference and other avoidance actions in Indiana and throughout the Midwest.
- ICLEF Bankruptcy Update, In Re Castleton Plaza LP: The Impact of the Seventh Circuit’s Decision on Single Asset Real Estate Reorganization Cases, December, 2013
- ICLEF Bankruptcy Update, Bankruptcy Ethics, December 2012
- ICLEF Bankruptcy Update, Agricultural DIP Lending and Secured Transactions, December, 2011
- Current Challenges in Local Government, May 2010
- Bankruptcy in Indiana, Lorman, 2005
- Bankruptcy in Indiana, Lorman, 2004
- Bankruptcy in Indiana, Lorman, 2003
- Business Law Institute Revised Article IX, ICLEF, 2002
- Revised Article IX – Default: Enforcement Remedies, ICLEF, 2000
- Bankruptcy Forum: “Bankruptcy Problems After Bankruptcy”, ICLEF, 1994
- Bankruptcy Forum: “Non-Dischargeable Judgments”, Indianapolis Bar Association, 1993
- “Advanced Collection Techniques”, NBI, 1993
- “Collection Law in Indiana”, Lorman, 1993
- “Collection Law in Indiana”, Lorman, 1991
- “Collection Law for Banking and Credit Service Companies”, Lorman, 1991
- “Exemption Planning – Pitfalls and Opportunities”, ICLEF, 1989
- Indianapolis Bar Association – Member
- Indianapolis Bar Association, Sections for Commercial and Bankruptcy Practice – past Chairman, and alternate dispute resolver.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Selected to “Indiana Super Lawyers” list 2009-2021
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014-2017
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubble®
- Best Lawyers® – Banking and Finance Law