- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, J.D.
- Wabash College, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology/Speech
- Indiana, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Doug Kowalski, Associate
Doug recently joined KGR and will primarily practice in the areas of municipal law, corporate law and real estate.
He most recently served as chief of staff at the Indiana State Board of Accounts. He also served as Corporation Counsel for the City of Indianapolis under Mayor Greg Ballard. From 2008-2012, Doug was a major felony public defender for Marion County.
Doug served as the executive secretary and hearing judge for the Alcohol and Tobacco Commission (ATC), advising licensing & enforcement issues. He also served on the Indiana General Assembly Summer Study Commission to make recommendations on revisions for Indiana alcohol laws.
Outside the office, Doug enjoys family activities, lawyer’s league softball and mountain biking. He and his wife have three young children.
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Municipal Lawyers Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Indiana Alcohol Code Revision Commission 2017/2018 sessions
- Indiana Leadership Forum – Class of 2017
- Municipal Law
- Corporate Law
- Alcohol Law
- Real Estate