Kroger Gardis & Regas (KGR) employment lawyers are based in Indianapolis and help businesses, municipalities, and employees resolve employment law issues, handle employment litigation, and develop creative employee benefits to promote employee retention.
When a crisis hits in Indianapolis or anywhere else in the U.S., our employment lawyers are able to react quickly and conduct high-profile and often sensitive investigations related to employee misconduct. We have the experience and skill to uncover the truth and advise your organization on the difficult choices that must be made to get back on the right path. Whether you are faced with potential ethical lapses, misfeasance, or regulatory failures, we are able to help.
Labor and Employment Counsel
At KGR, we recognize that effective representation of our labor and employment clients begins with a strong relationship. By daily involvement, our Indianapolis employment attorneys get to know you and your needs and develop effective solutions to your unique challenges.
We regularly counsel private and governmental clients on labor and employment issues. A sampling of transactions and matters we routinely guide our clients through include:
- Drug Testing of Employees
- Employment Contracts (Negotiating, drafting, and litigating employment contract issues)
- Indiana Department of Workforce Development
- Indiana Department of Labor
- Municipal Employment
- Police and Fire Disciplinary Matters
- Retention Agreements and Stay Bonuses
- Severance Agreements
- Stock Option Plans (non-Qualified and ISOs)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training
- Wage and Hour (Indiana Wage Payment and Fair Labor Standards Act)
- Worker Adjustment and Retaining Notification Act (WARN)
Labor and Employment Litigation
Our labor law attorneys in Indianapolis are here to guide you through the process of litigation. We have the depth and breadth to assist clients with employment litigation of all shapes and sizes, from class actions to small claims. We understand that every client’s need is distinct; we apply our decades of experience working with thousands of clients to each new client and issue.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness to every client who entrusts us with their case. If you find yourself entangled in an issue you have never seen, we encourage you to call us. While it may be unfamiliar to you, our attorneys have probably addressed it before. Here are the employment claims and lawsuits we handle:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Covenants Not to Compete (Non-compete Agreements or disputes)
- Confidentiality Agreements and Trade Secret matters
- Discrimination and Retaliation Claims (including those based on age, sex discrimination, race, and any other characteristic protected by Title VII, the ADEA, or other federal or state laws) whether pending before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Indiana Civil Rights Commission (ICRC) or in state or federal court
- The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- The Fair Labor Standards Act and Indiana wage/hour laws (including exempt status disputes and employment/contractor classification issues)
- Unemployment benefits
- Workplace Violence Protective Orders
- Whistleblower allegations
- Wrongful Discharge
We look forward to learning how we can help.